Too much of a good thing can be truly wonderful !
…maybe too much tranquility and relaxation can be truly wonderful here
Too much of a good thing can be truly wonderful !
…maybe too much tranquility and relaxation can be truly wonderful here
Anything solar is a winner for the future!
Our category today is Beans & Legumes:
Dried beans and BPA Free Cans!
1. Great new handy sizes of Beans, Lentils:
500g Red Split, Channa Dhal, Black Beluga and Soup Mixes with Barley and also a Gluten Free version.
Also the much loved Green French Puy Lentil, Green and Yellow Split Peas.
2. Ready mixed packs of Dhal with a wonderful Ayurvedic spice blend by Satvik, NSW. So delicious!
Enjoy a nutritious, high protein, high fibre dip, salad, soup or curry.
3. OR enjoy the Ultimate Black Bean Chocolate Cake –
– Gluten Free
– Dairy Free
– Cane Sugar Free too!
The best way to add protein and goodness to your diet and ideal for the kids too. Who doesn’t love a chocolate cake?
Tried and baked many times over. Let us know what you think!
Why do we need Magnesium? And how can we tell we need it?
Magnesium is a necessary element which boost the immune system and treats tissue repair and condition and more.
Why do we need Magnesium?
Magnesium is responsible for over 300 chemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function. It keeps your heart beating steadily. And, it helps to build a healthy immune system. Magnesium is a crucial element that your body needs to function at even the most basic levels – making it crucially important to get enough of this essential mineral on a daily basis.
Magnesium is also the fourth most abundant mineral in your body. This mineral may also play a role in addressing medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and cardiovascular disease, according to the Office of Dietary Supplements, or ODS.
How can we tell we need it?
Stressed, trouble sleeping, eye twitches, muscle cramps, spasms, anxiety….?
We found a good site below that notes some symptoms of low Magnesium. Tried and tested, I can say I have a much more peaceful and restful sleep with extra Magnesium in my diet:
– Headaches/ Migraines
– Sore Muscles
– Insomnia/ Restless Legs
– Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Fatigue
– Colds/ Flu/ Sore throat
– High Blood Pressure
– Asthmatic Conditions
– Facial/ Skin Care – use topically to combat bad bacteria.
– Also may help Asthma, Arthritis, Heart Health, Cognitive Function, Cramping, PMS, Menopause, Skin repair, Immune functioning, Skin Repair and finally as the most effective Deodorant you’ll ever use.
Also remember to consume a good ratio of Calcium to Magnesium of around anywhere from 1:1 to 2:1.
Calcium – green leafy vegetables, Spirulina, Super Greens, nuts, tahini, seeds. All devoid of animal fat (like in dairy milk), which actually decreases your absorption of Calcium in the body. Go for a plant source of Calcium – it absorbs better.
As part of our product reviews and ‘getting-to-know’ the Organic Buyers Group , we will introduce a new Product Category and a Product each day.
Today’s Product is Nasanta’s Magnesium Deodorant as shown here:
The BEST BEST Deodorant you will ever use – neutralises the acid bacteria that forms throughout the day.
Nasanta and Amazing Oils Magnesium products are beneficial as they provide us all, the much needed Magnesium we are lacking due to soil depletion over time and the introduction of overly processed foods.
Magnesium – relaxes aches, pains, tight muscles, headaches, encourages sleep amongst many other health benefits as listed in the previous post.
We can also replenish Magnesium in our diets with top superfoods such as:
1. Oat Bran
2. Black Styrian Pumpkin & Sunflower & Flax Seeds
3. Tahini – Black Tahini has the highest compared to white sesame
4. Nuts – Brazil, Almonds
5. Cacao Powder – Loving Earth’s Raw Cacao Powder is in our top 5 bestselling products, rich, pure and delicious!
6. Molasses – Blackstrap, unsulphured and organic – Melrose’s is the best value and super popular. 1 spoon in warm water in the morning is so soothing.
All these products can be found in store in several categories:
1. Cereals obg.com.au/cereals
2. Seeds obg.com.au/seeds
3. Butters Tahini obg.com.au/butters
4. Nuts obg.com.au/nuts
5. Cacao obg.com.au/cacao
6. Sweeteners Molasses obg.com.au/sweeteners
OK…. that was 6 categories today!
Though Magnesium is such an important element to boost in our bodies, along with a good ratio of Calcium. Wholefoods have a good balance.
Sooth tired muscles, headaches and sleepless nights with Australian Organic Magnesium Chloride.
Nowhere else in the world is it possible to find the guaranteed purity of BFA Organic Certification.
After discovering what Dr Carolyn Dean calls the ‘Miracle of Magnesium’, Amazing Oils set out to find the purest grade of Magnesium Chloride.
Click here for the Amazing Oils Organic Magnesium Oil products.
Listen to what Dr Carolyn Dean says about the benefits of Magnesium:
Health Benefits and Usage: Spray on the skin and gently massage.
– Basic Use for all symptoms as well as general health improvement is to spray under armpits and behind the knees.
– For Headaches/ Migraines: Rub into temples and back of the neck.
– Sore Muscles: Use topically. Rub in. Relief will only take a few minutes.
– Insomnia/ Restless Legs: Basic protocol twice daily. Use on legs before sleep.
– Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Fatigue: Use twice daily plus topically for pain relief.
– Colds/ Flu/ Sore throat: At first signs basic use is spray twice in half-cup of water. Gargle and swallow.
– High Blood Pressure – as Basic Use and also spray onto chest twice daily and rub in.
– Asthmatic Conditions: Same as high blood pressure (above) and spray twice into half-cup water thrice daily.
– Facial/ Skin Care: Basic Use as above plus use directly on skin.
– Also suitable for Asthma, Arthritis, Heart Health, Cognitive Function, Cramping, PMS, Menopause, Skin repair, Immune functioning, Skin Repair, Deodorant.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Magnesium Chloride.
Its Spring, its Master Cleanse time of year! We have noticed everyone is stocking up on Certified Organic B Grade Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper, Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt and all the other goodies to enjoy a good cleanse.
The Master Cleanse is designed to cleanse your body, aid in weight loss, reduce acne, bloating, gas, indigestion, aches, pains and fatigue. And just to improve overall health and energy – all by removing toxic internal waste that has been sitting in our bodies for years.
By letting the body rest from the time it normally spends on breaking down, digesting and assimilating food, the body can naturally spend time to cleanse itself.
There are many websites dedicated to the famous Master Cleanse, documenting experiences and best recipes.
Remember: Certified Organic ingredients are best as we are aiming to cleanse our body of toxic waste and chemicals including all the pesticides, herbicides and pollution we inhale and some may consume very day.
How to do a Master Cleanse:
1. Drink your Master Cleanse drinks every day for whatever duration of your cleanse: this depends on your level of activity, and ability to fast and rest on the cleanse. Fasting has been done for centuries by many cultures for its healthy benefits. It is a good kick-start to cleansing your body.
2. How long? This depends on when you choose to start your cleanse – during holidays or a busy work week. Remember that during a cleanse, rest is also important to relax your body and nervous system. If life is always busy, that is fine, any cleanse for any duration is better than none.
A start is just 1 day of liquids and/or light foods as in point 3 and 4 to gauge your energy. Persevere through your second day working towards a good juice/fluids fast with no solid food, and by Day 3 you will be feeling so much lighter and fresher.
A good week of cleansing a few times a year is common practice to rejuvenate your body and reverse any signs of ailment. The maximum period of a cleanse recommended by many practitioners is 10 days. If you can manage 3 days, you are on track. Don’t feel guilty for not staying on a cleanse longer. The idea is a guilt-free happy detox for whatever duration.
3. What organic drink or recipe is best? Take your pick –
– whether it be the Lemonade Drink recipes below or
– raw vegetable juices – kale, carrot, celery, parsley, spinach, beetroot, ginger, pear and apple: lots of blood and fluid purifying choices here.
Combine the above Lemonade or juices with any of the below to supplement your energy requirements if needed:
– vegetable broth – light, home made and not over cooked – carrot, celery, spinach, parsley …
– cleansing teas e.g. peppermint, chamomile, fennel, tulsi, Extox Tea – all found here
– smoothies with natural plant protein and green powders full of chlorophyll and detoxifying properties e.g. spirulina and other Super Green powders or Nutrient Superfoods such as Maca (hormone balance), delicious high protein Mesquite, antioxidant plus Maqui and Acai. See our favourite Power Smoothie below.
All these extra treats boost your energy requirements for busier lifestyles wanting to include a Master Cleanse in their schedules.
4. Entering or exiting from a Master Cleanse – Slowly enter and exit your cleanse with fresh raw vegetables, salads, soups and heartier smoothies with a good fast on liquids inbetween.
And enjoy it all happily, no stress or anxiety, accepting all that you do is fine and good. Stray off the path alittle? … thats ok – that is your 20%. Jump back on and rejuvenate with your 80% life-giving living foods and healthy habits.
A key is to Eat a Rainbow :)!
Our favourite Power Smoothie:
* Rice or Nut Milk e.g. almond, hazelnut, walnut or chestnut OR DIY Nut milk with a Nut Milk Bag
* Vegetable Juice e.g. carrot, kale, spinach, cabbage, beetroot, ginger, pear, celery.
* 1 tsp or tbspn depending on how many nutrients you would like of any of the below.Click here to search for these organic superfoods:
– MicrOrganics Green Superfoods or Synergy Super Greens Powder
– Acai or Maqui – super high antioxidants
– Mesquite – high protein caramelly flavour – yum!
– Maca – hormonal balance
– Lucuma – fibre, calcium, vitamin C
– Pea or Sprouted Rice Protein powders
– Chia seeds, Black Sesame Seeds or Hemp Seeds – omega 3s, good essential fatty acids and protein
– Carob – alkaline mineral boost plus addictive flavour
* Fresh Banana.
You can vary the amounts of each depending on your preference for flavour. Some days we just love a carob banana smoothie, or a citrus berry-like Acai drink.
Blend and enjoy – YUM!
Master Cleanse Lemonade Drink Recipes:
1. (single serving):
2 Tablespoons of organic lemon Juice (about 1/2 a Lemon)
2 Tablespoons of Organic grade B maple syrup (not the commercial maple flavoured syrup you use on pancakes)
1/10 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
Ten ounces of filtered water
What are your recipes and tips for a great Master Cleanse?
Thank goodness its Spring! Though are you still craving wintery foods and trying to shake off winter heaviness and fatigue?
As indicated in Chinese Medicine: could this be due to excessive ‘heat’ in the body from baked and fried foods, too much red meat, spicy foods, coffee and alcohol?
Not enough green leafy vegetables, barley, mushrooms, tofu, asparagus, celery, apple, watermelon and other ‘cooling’ foods?
Sandy Hewitt gives us some tips on what foods to eat and avoid here.
Symptoms of excess ‘heat’ in the body:
– feel hot/feverish or have an aversion to heat and prefer cold
– dry mouth and excess thirst
– red, dry, gritty eyes
– bright red and dry tongue
– high blood pressure
– inflammation, skin rash or eruptions/sores
– full and rapid pulse.
Click here to independently verify the authenticity and validity of the strong encryption SSL certificate for privacy protection in use throughout this website.
We are a profoundly ethical, 100% Australian owned and operated company (ABN 89 141 060 380). Email us anytime: customer_care@OrganicBuyersGroup.com
Copyright © 2009-2016 Organic Buyers Group (sole owner/operator of domains www.OrganicBuyersGroup.com, www.OrganicBuyersGroup.com.au, www.OBG.com.au)